Presenting GridInstrument for macOS!
Did you ever wish you could use your Launchpad grid controller to play notes like you can on a MIDI keyboard? Now you can!
GridInstrument connects to your Launchpad external grid controller and lets you it like a MIDI controller! Better still, it works together with any music software that accepts MIDI input.
- Launchpad integration (connect your Launchpad Mini in low-power mode without a hub or any other Launchpad with a powered hub)
- Change octaves
- Change keys
- Change from over 20 musical modes (“Major, Minor, Dorian, Mixolydian, etc.”)
- Choose between three grid layouts (“Diatonic”, “Chromatic/4ths String Layout”, “Drum rack”), as well as row note offset/overlap setting
- Core MIDI out so that you use GridInstrument to control your other instruments
GridInstrument 0.9 is out!
A new version (0.9) of GridInstrument is out. It features:
– Ability to set the MIDI velocity level to a fixed value.
– Ability to set the MIDI velocity to random value within a range (for example, random between 95 and 105, to give a more natural feel).
– Ability to set row overlap/offset like on Launchpad Pro – you can find this in the Layout menu.
Floyd Worthwhile Endeavor v1.1 Released!
A brand new version of Floyd has been released!
Here’s what’s new:
- A new game element: Moving platforms!
- Ten new levels (41 through 50)!
- A new background music song (hear it in levels 41, 42, and 46)!
- Two gorgeous new level backgrounds
- A counter on the main screen that shows your total number of hats
- Finding Floyd slips off those platforms a little too easily? Now, you can reduce his running speed by changing the “Controller Sensitivity” setting in the “Settings” dialog. (More virtual gamepad settings on the way.)
- If you are a GameCenter user, your game progressÂ shouldÂ now sync across all of your devices.
Floyd’s Worthwhile Endeavor Trailer
Floyd’s Worthwhile Endeavor v1.0 Released
- Ghost hats! These turn Floyd into ghost for short amounts of time. Useful for sneaking past dangerous animals such as…
- Packs of vicious dogs. Watch out!
- Ten more levels!
- Intro animation with voices
- When Floyd gets three ribbons at the end of a level, we can now hear Muybridge say â€œWell done, my boy!”
- Itâ€™s no longer possible for Floyd to continue running when he falls off the bottom of the screen.
- Floyd now longer dies twice when he gets bitten by a dog and then falls off a cliff.
- The game should now work for iOS 5.0 users again (sorry!)
- Build 2680: Game has been builtÂ 658 times since last revision (11 days ago). Thatâ€™s an average of 59 builds a day.
Floyd’s Worthwhile Endeavor v0.8.4 Released!
A new version of Floyd’s Worthwhile Endeavor is now available on the App Store.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Five new types of hats!
- Elephants are less dangerous: they can only kill you when you then are walking towards you.
- Better memory usage
- New help text in Level 1
- Bug Fix: Floyd no longer falls through rope bridges
- Build 1201: Game has been built 358 times since last revision (11 days ago). Thatâ€™s an average of 32.5 builds a day.
- Email support (at) decided.ly with bug reports or use the contact form on this site.
TIP: How to find the full URL of a file within your Application’s Bundle
This is an iPhone Programming tip. Say you want to find Â the full URL of a file within your Application’s Bundle (mainBundle), here’s how you would do it. Example: This would return the full URL of a file named “Sound2.caf”:
path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"Sound2" ofType:@"caf"];
fileURL = (CFURLRef)[NSURL fileURLWithPath:path];