Free Multisample: littleBits Korg Synth Kit Sawtooth and Square Wave (Kontakt, Ableton, & SFZ)
The littleBits Korg Synth Kit sounds great, but it’s exceedingly hard to use for musical purposes because itsÂ oscillatorsÂ don’tÂ stay in tune for more than a few minutes at a time. After a few frustrating afternoons of trying to record a synth lead withÂ this thing, I decided the only way that I would be able to useÂ itÂ is if I created a multisample out of it.
Here’s what the waveforms look like:
So…after painstakingly tuning each one, IÂ sampled each note over six octaves, set loop points, then turned it into a multisample.
- Three formats:Â SFZ, Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1, and Ableton Live 9.1 (Simpler).
- Recorded in 96khz, 16-bit using a high-end audio interface
- Seemless waveform looping
- Recorded without lowpass filter (add your own software filters within Ableton, SFZ plugin, or Native Instruments Kontakt)
- Control envelope within SFZ, Ableton or Native Instruments Kontakt
- Both littleBits waveforms: sawtooth and square wave
- 5+Â octaves
- Allows for polyphony (which the actual synth kit does not)
- Responds to velocity (which the actual synth kit does not)
- Ableton instrument responds to pitch bend and mod wheel (which actual synth kit does not)
Download: littleBits Synth Kit Saw Wave Multisample (SFZ, Kontakt, Ableton) (4480 downloads)
Download:Â littleBits Synth Kit Square Wave Multisample (SFZ, Kontakt, Ableton) (4257 downloads)
If you make a cool track using these samples, post it in the comments here!
UPDATE (8/21/16, 11:11:55 AM):
– Fixed the square wave loop points in the Ableton instrument.
– Set pitchbend to +/- 2 semitones in Ableton instrument
– Added support for modulation wheel to the Ableton instrument
– Added support for low-pass filter cutoff and resonance to the SFZ instrument
Comment by David Hilowitz — August 21, 2016 @ 11:12 am
Comment by David Hilowitz — August 24, 2016 @ 4:01 pm