Decidedly is proud to announce that our flagship iOS/Android game, Floydâ€™s Worthwhile Endeavor, has just gone live on the Apple TV store. If you have a new Apple TV, you should definitely check it out!
A brand new version of Floyd has been released!
Here’s what’s new:
- A new game element: Moving platforms!
- Ten new levels (41 through 50)!
- A new background music song (hear it in levels 41, 42, and 46)!
- Two gorgeous new level backgrounds
- A counter on the main screen that shows your total number of hats
- Finding Floyd slips off those platforms a little too easily? Now, you can reduce his running speed by changing the “Controller Sensitivity” setting in the “Settings” dialog. (More virtual gamepad settings on the way.)
- If you are a GameCenter user, your game progressÂ shouldÂ now sync across all of your devices.
- Ghost hats! These turn Floyd into ghost for short amounts of time. Useful for sneaking past dangerous animals such as…
- Packs of vicious dogs. Watch out!
- Ten more levels!
- Intro animation with voices
- When Floyd gets three ribbons at the end of a level, we can now hear Muybridge say â€œWell done, my boy!”
- Itâ€™s no longer possible for Floyd to continue running when he falls off the bottom of the screen.
- Floyd now longer dies twice when he gets bitten by a dog and then falls off a cliff.
- The game should now work for iOS 5.0 users again (sorry!)
- Build 2680: Game has been builtÂ 658 times since last revision (11 days ago). Thatâ€™s an average of 59 builds a day.
A new version of Floyd has made its way to the App Store.
- Added a brand new game element: springboards!
- Ten new levels featuring springboards!
- Floyd now dies when he rides an elephant off a cliff.
- The controller selection box now only shows up for new, new players.
- Mid-air half jumps are no longer possible.
- Turned external controller sensitivity down a little bit.
- The green bamboo background is gone in favor of a darker, lettucey green artwork.
- Lowered games file size by 10MB.
- Added a brand new Intro Scene before the first level that explains a bit about Floydâ€™s mission
- Added GameCenter integration
- Added Achievements
- Added a new option for controlling Floyd: Virtual gamepad!
- Game is now fully compatible with the new SteelSeries Stratus wireless gamepad
- Physics update: Floyd doesnâ€™t start off running quite as fast
- Stone blocks can no longer knock Floyd off of an elephants back.
- Elephants now start off facing the right direction
- Minor updates to levels 2, 3, 17, 18, and 19 to make them more fun.
- It should now be easier to control Floyd in touch mode on an iPad
- Touching an ostrich while jumping on a rope bridge no longer robs Floyd of the ability to jump forever.
- Build 2022: Game has been built 261 times since last revision (7 days ago). Thatâ€™s an average of 37.29 builds a day.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Five new types of hats!
- Elephants are less dangerous: they can only kill you when you then are walking towards you.
- Better memory usage
- New help text in Level 1
- Bug Fix: Floyd no longer falls through rope bridges
- Build 1201: Game has been built 358 times since last revision (11 days ago). Thatâ€™s an average of 32.5 builds a day.
- Email support (at) decided.ly with bug reports or use the contact form on this site.
For the past eight months, I have been working on an iOS game based on the photography of Eadward Muybridge. As of this week, the game is now in the App Store. Since my quiet soft-launch earlier this week, it has already been downloaded more than five thousand times!